The First Encounter...

Following the story from the last post, Scott left Thursday morning for Army Training and I was stuck with this incredible secret I couldn't tell. It would be 23 days before he returned AND one of the most important months of the year because I would pass mothers day and my mom's birthday before Scott's return. But before I get ahead of myself and share the rest of the month lets rewind.

Thursday morning I go to work and I am feeling nauseous. I requested to leave early. By 10 am I was on route home calling my best friend Kim. It had to be a God sign that Kim happened to be at home also because her car would not start and she could not get to work! I picked up Kim and drove to my house. I told her I wanted to grab lunch and see if we could find a doctor. She had no idea! The entire time I am planning scheme in my head of how to tell her without giving it away but in a cute manner. If you don't know Kim, she is very logical and figures things out quickly :). So I decided to show her a new app on my iPad. I had opened The Bump app to the section that says how big baby is. I was estimating about 5 weeks and showed her without saying anything. As she read you could see her eyes light up! She jumped up and gave me a hug. Kim was ecstatic BUT her task was to keep it a secret along with me until my hubby returned. Kim helped me call about 12 doctors on my in-network and of course they were closed or not accepting patients. I found an ob/gyn but had to make an appointment for the following Wednesday. It was nerve wracking having to wait so long not knowing what I could or could not do.


...


Next Wednesday...
It was completely awkward going into an ob/gyn office! All the other women waiting looked at least in their 3rd trimester! I must have looked like a teen girl to them! I think the worst part too was going and not having anyone with me. I think they also overbooked because I was seen almost 2 hours after my scheduled appointment, need less to say I was hungry. My turn finally came.I walk into a backroom and take a seat on one of those doctor tables. I was intrigued by all the posters, all the baby growth posters, how your body is changing, etc. New stage of life = new doctor posters! The weirdest thing was the ultrasound machine next to me. I could only thing it's too soon. There is no way they would use it, the baby would be too small...
A few minutes passed and the physicians assistant came in. Such a sweet lady, she was asking how I was feeling and went straight to the ultrasound machine! I tell you that was an experience, at 5 weeks the only thing you could see was the amniotic sack but it was there! It was so surreal. She gave me a tentative date of January 4, 2015, and said the next visit she would have a better date for me. Wow. Again.. so surreal.    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Heartbeat

Delivery for Mr and Mrs...

The Big Reveals!